Friday, March 9, 2012

Library Research

I went to the Library Research Center and it was a lot of help to me.  I had recently changed my topic and I didn't know exactly what to do to find stuff.  I had looked for some backing to my topic and I wasn't finding any and when i went to the library they were able to point me in the right direction.  One of the students the students that was helping others was able to point me to a librarian who specialized in my topic and she helped me find some sources.  For my rough draft I plan on talking about how the mentality of athletes is what separates the all-stars from the rest of the pros.  I am then going to relate that to Lance Armstrong and why he did so well.

6 comments:

  1. Wheaties: What separates the winners from the chumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes pure determination, confidence, dedication, physical and mental strength, and never settling with satisfactory or defeat. The mind can be your greatest ally or enemy- it’s all about your perspective and choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about your topic other than my own opinions, but it seems like a difficult one to find sources on. I'm glad the research center was able to help you narrow your search and find stuff you needed. Good luck with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think this is a difficult topic. However, enthusiasm for the subject will be your greatest ally here. I also believe that the best type of analysis is adjusting the sources to support what the writer wants (within reason, obviously). Then the writer shows true voice in his paper and gives a personal opinion regarding the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this paper will be awesome. There is definitely a different mentality between pro athletes and lower levels. Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when the people around you see what you're doing and help you out!

    ReplyDelete